Monday, November 5, 2007

Thought of the day:

I showed you earlier the picture of the bridge crossing the Mississippi. Some bridges are posted with signs that say no bicycles. If it says no bicycles I either find another route or jump in the trailer to cross the bridge. I didn’t see any signs that said no bicycles so I started crossing the bridge. When I got on the bridge the shoulder ended and there was no where to ride. There was no way to stop and turn around so I had to keep on pedaling. The bridge was a couple miles long and I rode as fast as I could to get off of it. When I got off of the bridge and back on the rode a police officer pulled me over. He asked me why I was riding across a bridge that was posted no bicycles. I told him that I didn’t see any signs and if I had I wouldn’t of rode across it. He took offense to my comment and said they were posted in a number of different spots. I tried to explain to him my story and my past and that I wasn’t trying to break any laws. I showed him my ID and he finally let me go. What I learned from this situation is that even if I don’t see a sign telling me not to do something I should use better judgment in the situation. Even if I didn’t see a sign and it wasn’t illegal to ride the bride. I should have said that doesn’t look safe. I should get a ride over the bridge. Just because something isn’t illegal doesn’t mean you should it.

To leave a comment, just click below on "Comments." Also, if you would like to send me an email you can email me at mdluman@800meters.com I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: