Saturday, November 17, 2007

Amarillo, TX to Santa Rosa, NM

The day started out with a morning temperature of 48 degrees. It warmed up to a perfect 72 degrees. The starting elevation was approximately 2600 feet with and ending elevation of 4600 feet. Even thought it was up hill I was still able to make good time. Today I put in more miles in one day than I have the whole trip except for the Seattle to Portland which was the first day and a sanctioned ride with over 8000 rider. It is a lot harder riding all by yourself. If it hadn’t gotten dark I would have kept on riding.

State 4x400 Meter Relay Team 1991 Aloha High school

Start of the day in Amarillo, TX

Texas. I'm not sure why the cars are in the ground

Welcome to New Mexico

New Mexico scenery

Daily Travel Stats:

Travel Time: 8 Hours 25 Minutes 17 Seconds
Travel Distance: 172.33 Miles
Average Speed: 20.4 mph

To leave a comment, just click below on "Comments." Also, if you would like to send me an email you can email me at mdluman@800meters.com I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: