Sunday, November 18, 2007

Santa Rosa to Albuquerque, New Mexico

Cool and clear with a morning temperature of 41 degrees. It warmed up in the afternoon to around 70 degrees. Today was a hard day with the first 4 hours mostly uphill. It got dark on me riding and I had to ride the last 30 minutes in the dark with my dad driving behind me in the truck. The starting elevation was approximately 4600 feet and I climbed to over 8000 feet before I dropped down into Albuquerque which is around 5000 feet. I didn’t know that New Mexico had this many hills. As you can see by the average speed it was a tough day.

My son Pearce and daughter Mikaila

The Blue Hole is a famous scuba diving place just outside of Santa Rosa

New Mexico hills, it doesn’t look like much but they just kept on going

The plains of New Mexico

End of the day in Albuquerque. Like I said I had to ride the last 30 miles in the dark.

Daily Travel Stats:

Travel Time: 7 Hours 58 Minutes 45 Seconds
Travel Distance: 127.21 Miles
Average Speed: 15.9 mph

To leave a comment, just click below on "Comments." Also, if you would like to send me an email you can email me at mdluman@800meters.com



I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: