Monday, November 19, 2007

Albuquerque to Quemado, New Mexico

Another cool morning at 40 degrees but again it warned up nicely in the afternoon. Another tough day of hills that seemed to never stop! I started the day at 5000 ft and climbed to over 8000 ft before dropping down to 75 ft. For most of the day I was riding out in the middle of nowhere, only a few cars passed me in a 3 hour period. Again, I had to finish the last 2 hours in the dark. Just so you know how out in middle of nowhere we were we didn’t even have cell coverage when we stopped for the night.

My 16th birthday party, what a great group of friends

Start of the day in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Out in the middle of nowhere off of Hwy 117

New Mexico Arch off of Hwy 117

Riding in the dark with my dad behind me in the truck, it got cold quick once the sun went down

Daily Travel Stats:

Travel Time: 8 Hours 24 Minutes 4 Seconds
Travel Distance: 138.83 Miles
Average Speed: 16.5 mph

To leave a comment, just click below on "Comments." Also, if you would like to send me an email you can email me at mdluman@800meters.com


I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: