Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thought of the day:

Today was one of the toughest days of the trip. In the past 11 days I have covered over 1350 miles. Just when I thought I couldn’t be stopped I came up over a ridge and right into a strong head wind. Life has a way of keeping me in check. I went from riding between 18 and 22 mph to riding between 10 and 12 mph. I was out in the middle of nowhere and feeling very discouraged. It took all I had to keep going. I wanted to stop many times but kept on pedaling. I don’t want to be the type of person that stops when things get tough. I want to be the type of person that uses the tough times to my advantage. Every challenge is a learning experience.

To leave a comment, just click below on "Comments." Also, if you would like to send me an email you can email me at mdluman@800meters.com I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: