Sunday, September 9, 2007

Thought for the day...

When I first came up with the idea for the 12,000 mile bike ride I hadn't even been on a bike in fifteen years. But I kept remembering that I've always been told that you can do anything that you put your mind to. This is true - with a few conditions. You can't just say that you are going to do something - you actually have to start to do it. If I had not begun training on March 5 of this year, I never could have started the trip in Seattle. The only way I can be on the road each day is because of all the training and preparations. This trip is very physically and emotionally strenuous - and it hasn't been all sunny days. But the work out here is 90% mental and 10% physical. Each day has it's own challenges and new obstacles. Once you crest on hill - there will always be another hill to climb. Maybe the next hill will be easier - or it will be even more difficult. But each hill gives you strength and a chance to prove yourself. Each hill requires you to work...hard. No matter the challenge you are facing - there are just some days you simply need to get on the bike and start peddling.

No comments: