Saturday, September 8, 2007

Thought for the day...

"Today's challenges of getting lost and having to re-ride some of the route provided a lot of clarity about this whole experience of riding around the country. Even after going the wrong direction for many miles, many different times, I wouldn't allow the crew to take me any farther ahead than I was when I made the wrong turn. Believe me, it would have been very easy to just climb in the truck and drive to the "end of the day" location. But, I have started every day where I stopped the day before. I said I was going to ride every mile and I really am going to ride every mile. But, even more important is to remember that in life if you get lost, you don't get to jump ahead to where you "would" have been. You will always have to go back to where you left off. Detours can also be learning experiences - but there are always consequences for our actions. There are no short cuts in life."

No comments: